Sunday, January 6, 2013

Someone Else's Story - "I Will Wait for You"

"I Will Wait for You"

So it seemed that it was cool
For everyone to be in a relationship but me
So I took matters into my own hands
And ended up with him.
Him who displayed the characteristics
Of a cheater, a liar, an abuser and a thief.
So why was I surprised when he broke into my heart?
I called 911, but I was cardiac arrested for aiding and abetting
‘Cause it was me who let him in. 
Claiming we were “just friends.”
It was already decided from me by the first date that even if he wasn’t,
I was gonna make him “the One.”
You know, I was tired of being alone
And I simply made up in my mind
That it was about that time
 So I decided to drag him along for the ride
‘Cause I was always the bridesmaid but never the bride.
A virgin in the physical,
But mentally just a grown woman on the corner in heat
Who was tired of the wait.
So I was gonna make him the one.
He had a form of godliness, but not much.
But, but hey!  Hey!  I can change him!
So I’ll take him!
I mean he’s close.  Enough.
Ready to sell my aorta for a quarter
Not knowing the value its use to me.
Arteries so clogged with my will
It blocked His will from flowing through me.
So I thank Christ that His blood pressure
Gave this heart an attack that
Flat lined my obscured vision
Put me flat on my back
Through my ignorance He saw
So through my sternum He sawed
And cracked open my chest
To transplant Psalms 51:10.
A new heart, and a renewed right spirit within
So now I fully understand,
Better yet I thoroughly comprehend how much I need to wait.
For you.
See, the bad thing is that I knew he wasn’t you from the beginning.
Because in the beginning was the Word
And he didn’t even shine or sound like Your Son.
Out of the abundance of the heart
The mouth speaks and all he could whisper was
Sweet.
Empty.
Nothings.
Which meant nothing.
He couldn’t even pray when I needed him to,
Asking him to fast would be absurd
So forget about being cleansed and washed with water through the Word.
But I know you.
You’re already praying for me.
Even never having met me, let me assure you,
I will wait.
For you.
I will no longer date, socialize or communicate with carbon copies of you
To appease my boredom
Or to quench my thirsty desire for attention of short-lived compliments from sorta/kindas.
You know, he’s sorta/kinda right but sorta/kinda wrong.
His first name Luke, his last name Wong.
I won’t settle for false companionship.
I won’t lay in the embrace of his arms,
Attempting to find some closeness
But never feeling so far apart, ‘cause,
“I just want to be held.”
‘Cause all I gotta do is say,
“No!”
No more almost sessions of almost coming close,
Passing winks and buying drinks and
Imma, Imma, Imma flirt.
Who flirts with the ideology of
“Can you just tell me how much I can get away with and still be saved?”
No more.
I will stay in my bed.
Alone.
And write poems.
About how I will wait for you.
He won’t even come close.
Our fingers won’t even interlock
We won’t even exchange breathes, ‘cause
I have thoughts that I have “Saved as”
In a file that God has only equipped you to open.
I will no longer get weighted down from
So called friends and family talks
About the concerns for my biological clock
When I serve the author of time.
Who is not subject to time,
But I am subject to Him.
He has the ability to stop, fast forward,
Or pause or rewind
At any given time
So if we could role play,
You would be Abraham and I would be Sarah.
Or you could be Isaac and I could be Rebekah,
A servant’s answered prayer.
I am bone of your bone.
Flesh of your flesh.
Made up of your rib, Adam.
And once we meet,
Like electrons, I will be bound to your nucleus,
Completely indivisible,
Atom.
We even speak the same math
1 + 1 + 1 = 3,
But really equals 1 if you add ‘em.
We were all created in His image.
But you have the ability to reflect, project, and even detect the Son.
If I were to explain what you looked like,
You would have to look like a star.
A son of the Son.
I would gain energy simply from the light that you shine on me.
I would need you in order to complete my photosynthesis.
I await your revelation
But once again from the Genesis,
I will wait for you.
And I will know you.
Because when you speak
I will be reminded of Solomon’s wisdom,
Your ability to lead will remind me of Moses.
Your faith will remind me of Abraham.
Your confidence in God’s word will remind me of Daniel.
Your inspiration will remind me of Paul.
Your heart for God will remind me of David.
Your attention to detail will remind me of Noah.
Your integrity will remind me of Joseph.
And your ability to abandon your own will, will remind me of the disciples.
But your ability to love unconditionally and selflessly will remind me of Christ.
But I won’t need to identify you by any special Matthew’s or any special Mark’s.
‘Cause His Word will be tatted all over your heart.
And you will know me,
And you will find me,
Where the boldness of Esther meets
The warm, closeness of Ruth
With the hospitality of Lydia,
As aligned with the submission of Mary
Which is engulfed in the tears of a praying Hannah.
I will be the one,
Drenched in Proverbs 31.
Waiting for you.
But to my Father,
My Father who has known me before I was birthed into this Earth,
Only if You should see fit.
I desire Your will above mine,
So even if You call me to a life of singleness,
My heart is content with You,
The One who is,
And You are the greatest love story ever told.
The greatest love ever known.
You are forever my judge and I am forever your witness.
And I pray that I am always found on a mission about my Father’s business.
I will always be Yours.
And I will always wait for You, Lord.
More than the watchmen wait for the morning.
More than the watchmen wait for the morning,
I will wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment