Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Of the Week's"

My Dog and My God
Last Friday my dog ate an entire chocolate torte.  One of these:

 

I walked into my house and was like, "Surprise!  Your dog is one sick little puppy!"  It wasn't pleasant.  It's a miracle he didn't die.

There is a reason that there are rules.  In my house, we have the rule that the dog doesn't eat entire chocolate tortes.  And even though he wants to, and it feels good at the time, he really needs to learn to obey the rules.  Because I doesn't feel good (for anyone) later on.

God gave us rules.  It's true.  But He doesn't give us rules because He is mean or unfair.  He gives us rules because He loves us and doesn't want us to be sick, hurt, or dead.   If everyone were to obey all of God's commandments all the time, people would experience great peace and joy.  It would be easy to obey Him if everyone else was obeying Him.  If it was cool to do so.  

Eating an entire chocolate torte may sound good at the time, but I promise you (and God promises you) that it isn't worth it! 
 

Bible Verse of the Week 
Oh, the irony!  Today is Valentine's Day.  I am single, which isn't the worst thing to ever happen to a person (although Facebook might tell you differently!).  Anyway, I was not sure what I should do for my Bible verse, so I did Bible Roulette a bit differently.  I went to www.biblegateway.com and typed in any book of the Bible that popped into mind.  It was 1 Corinthians.  Then I typed the first number that came to mind.  It was seven.  Then I typed the first number that came to mind after that.  It was eight.  Guess what God's message for me today was!
  
"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I do" - 1 Corinthians 7:8.  

Thanks, God, for that one! 


Saint Quote of the Week:   
"The things that we love tell us what we are" - Saint Thomas Aquinas


Prayer of the Week:  
To keep us humble during Lent, pure of heart on Valentine's Day, and full of love always, there is not better prayer than this:

Hail Mary, Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the Fruit of they womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.     

 Video of the Week:  
Perfect!  I have no words for this.  It says it itself!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uo2OF2Qb7I

No comments:

Post a Comment