Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Fresh Start

I remember the day when I got the call from Richard, asking me to be the Assistant Director of Youth Ministry.  To be honest, I kind of guessed I was going to get the job, but I didn't know for sure.  When Richard called me to offer me the job, I answered, and, in his typical manner, rather than just telling me the good news outright, he asked me if I was available some weekend later in July.  I said yes, knowing that the dates he asked about were the dates for the Steubenville Conference, which I had blocked off just in case I were to get this job.  He just said, "Well that's good, because it's important for my Assistant to be in attendance at that event."  Then he was quiet.  I knew what he was saying, but I also didn't want to be presumptuous and assume that he was telling me that I was his new assistant, so I didn't say anything.  I've gotten over that with him since then! 

Twelve years!  It's been quite a journey!  I have learned SO much about Youth Ministry, love, God, family, and friendship throughout my time here!  I can't even begin to tell you about it all!

Now my journey has progressed, and I am now the Director of Youth Ministry.  I am so excited (and a little scared) about what will happen in these next years of my life, but if it's anything like the last years of my life, I know that I'll be even stronger, happier, smarter, and better than I've ever been before!  I can't wait to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment