Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Finally

Those of you who know me might be surprised by my reaction to the Planned Parenthood situation when I first heard about it.  I got onto Facebook (unfortunately, I get most of my news from Facebook) and read a heading that basically said that Planned Parenthood was caught selling baby parts in an undercover video.  I wasn't shocked.  On the contrary, I was relieved.

Finally.

They did it to themselves.

Planned Parenthood did for themselves what those in the Pro-Life movement have been trying to do for decades.  They proved that abortion is horrifying.  They proved that those babies have life.  They proved that abortion is wrong.

Planned Parenthood has done for this country (I can't say the world yet, because genocide happens across the world all the time, even when the validity of the life of the person is not a question) what nobody in the pro-life movement could do.  They, themselves, are the cause of new and intriguing conversations.  They, themselves, are the reason so many have decided to stop funding them, why so many are encouraging our nation as a whole to do so, too.

They are going to revolutionize the pro-life movement.

Although I was relieved, I could not celebrate what happened, because it was so horrible.  I always believed that the only way that people would really see how bad abortion is, would be if something truly appalling happened.  I had no idea it would be this.  Evil can only reign for so long.  It gets greedy, it gets sloppy, it goes too far, it pushes too fast before its victims are truly, fully, on board, and it makes mistakes.  It gets caught.  It always has and it always will.  I knew that the good men and women who fight for the lives of unborn babies could only do so much.  That doesn't mean that I thought that they should give up, it just meant that, something either miraculous or horrible was going to have to take place.  Sadly, it was the horrible.  But sometimes that's just how it has to go.  Sometimes evil destroys itself.

The abortion conversation is far from over, but a softening of hearts has taken place, and I believe that we can run with that.  Even some of the most pro-"choice" people out there have agreed that what Planned Parenthood has done is wrong.  Disgusting.  Horrifying.  Evil.  Those who haven't admitted that are in denial, stubborn/prideful, or actually corrupt.  The first two will eventually come around.  The later, well, we gotta keep those folks in our prayers in a big way.  I'm not saying they won't come around eventually.  Saint Paul can be their patron Saint.  If God could change Paul's heart, He can change theirs. 

As terrible as this whole thing is, it might just be the thing that ends it all.  All those little babies, the uncorrupt, souls who never sinned, never hurt anyone, never caused any harm, all of them are in Heaven praying for this situation like we don't know or understand.  With that many prayers, we can be assured that evil will not win this fight.  Good always wins.  This just might be the tipping off point.

I decided not to use any pictures in this post.  There are so many graphic graphics going around surrounding this issue, sometimes we just need a break.  Celebrate this victory, mourn over those who were lost, rest your eyes from the images you've seen, and then get back out there and fight for what's right.

No comments:

Post a Comment