Friday, March 14, 2014

Drama

Drama.  Everybody claims to hate it.  And yet, there are plenty of people who seem to love it.  To live it.  To create it.  To thrive off of it.

Dramatic people are really looking for one main thing:  a reaction.  They are seeking to bring something out of the people who they infect.  And when we give in by giving them their reaction, they win.  And, what's worse is that we become dramatic people as well.


I love (note the sarcasm here:  I really hate it) to see people post things on social networking sites that say things like, "Is your drama going to have an intermission soon?  I need a bathroom break."  They usually also post about the importance of positivity as opposed to drama.  And yet, those rude comments about dramatic people are not positive themselves.  What do people who write things like this trying to accomplish?  In reality, a snarky, sarcastic, rude statement like that is drama.  And if you say that to someone who you deem to be "dramatic," they are going to react with drama.  It's inevitable. 

If you really want to put an end to drama, than just be positive.  Don't tell people how bad they are for being dramatic, because that is drama. 

Yes, I realize the irony, that I am here writing about the negativity that is drama, while I am breaking my own rules.  And, I guess, in that way, I am also a dramatic person myself.  In fact, I am dramatic in a lot of ways.  One time a person told me that "[I] am a negative person and [I] make others negative, too."  That was a horrible thing to say to a negative person, and, well, if I'm being totally honest here, I never really did get over that one.  But that doesn't mean that I am going to post time and time again the things that people do that are dramatic.  I am not going to continuously complain about how stupid drama is, or about the people who participate in it.  This post is a one-time thing. 

The Bible is full of Scripture about the importance of positive thinking.  Whenever you're feeling the need to be dramatic, to complain about others, to tear down others or gossip, try calling to mind one of these Scripture passages and taking their advice.






No comments:

Post a Comment