Friday, August 1, 2014

Yes, I Want a Wedding and a Marriage, Can't I Have Both?

I will admit it: I want a wedding. I have a Pinterest board dedicated to wedding stuff. I dream about my wedding, my proposal, and my husband. And yes, I am single. As single as they get.

But I don't just dream about my wedding. I dream about my marriage. I dream about my children. And I know that tired line about how marriage and parenthood are difficult and blah blah blah, but that's what my heart wants. And to me, the challenge would be out weighed with love.




Being single is really quite difficult. And lonely. And sad. And not what we are made for from the beginning. Which is why, if some man loves me enough to want to spend the rest of his life with me, and if I love him enough to want to spend the rest of my life with him, to enter into the holy covenant that God created for us originally, to obtain the grace to live out our Vocations as holy husband and wife, and if we are going to plan on having a children together (which is the highest blessing God could give), then you betcha, we are going to CELEBRATE that with the wedding of our dreams! And I will not apologize for that even a little bit!




Someday, if I do get the miracle of finding someone to marry me, I am going to have a beautiful wedding, and I don't want anyone to tell me that it's just because I want a wedding and not a marriage. This is a thing that satan tells us in order to cheapen marriage. Jesus attended a wedding, an elaborate one at that. And He wouldn't have done it if it was wrong. A marriage is something to be celebrated, and a wonderful wedding ceremony and party afterwords don't cheapen it at all. Maybe becoming Bridezilla cheapens it, but taking pictures/video at my engagement/wedding, to commemorate such a blessed day, buying a lovely dress, flowers, cake, food and music doesn't make my marriage any less meaningful. I want a marriage, and I want to celebrate it! It is a thing worth celebrating!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment